Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Book Review: A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
Tuesday, July 2, 2013 / permalink



A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a big one! I wanted to read this because I love the show. With the True Blood series based VERY VERY VERY loosely on the Sookie Stackhouse novels, I was skeptical about how much of the books were actually present in the show. Well, judging by the first book--wow. It's almost exact. Even some of my favorite lines are directly from the novel. Okay, I am sure George R.R. Martin must be glad his books are getting the attention again and rightfully so. It is so hard for me to fathom the amount imagination this man must have. All the characters are so well crafted. Martin must have constant voices in his head (in a good healthy way). Some changes that I liked very much for the show were the ages of the people. For example, Daenerys Targaryen is only 13 in the books and the sexual relationship between her and Khal Drogo creeps me out. I know that these books take place in a different kind of time, but 13 is a little young. Going along with that thought, the incestual behavior is also offputting, but again, the story Martin is telling is kind of medieval fantasy so these kind of taboo things are easier to accept. Now if you can get past that, this book is wonderfully imaginative. It's hard to believe the same person writes every character. They are all so different. Fabulous book that did NOT disappoint me at all!

View all my reviews





Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus