Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Review: Spider's Revenge by Jennifer Estep
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 / permalink



Old habits die hard. And I plan on mur­der­ing some­one before the night is through.
Killing used to be my reg­u­lar gig, after all. Gin Blanco, aka the Spi­der, assassin-for-hire. And I was very good at it. Now, I’m ready to make the one hit that truly mat­ters: Mab Mon­roe, the dan­ger­ous Fire ele­men­tal who mur­dered my fam­ily when I was thir­teen.
Oh, I don’t think the mis­sion will be easy, but turns out it’s a bit more prob­lem­atic than expected. The bitch knows I’m com­ing for her. So now I’m up against the army of lethal bounty hunters she hired to track me down. She also put a price on my baby sister’s head. Keep­ing Bria safe is my first pri­or­ity. Tak­ing Mab out is a close sec­ond.
Good thing I’ve got my pow­er­ful Stone and Ice magic — and my irre­sistible lover Owen Grayson — to watch my back. This bat­tle has been years in the mak­ing, and there’s a chance I won’t sur­vive. But if I’m going down, then Mab’s com­ing with me...no mat­ter what I have to do to make that happen.







This book was everything I hoped it would be. I am going to mention names and possible plots. So if you haven’t read this book, I suggest you don’t read any further.

Finally the showdown between Mab and Gin has started. Gin starts off the book by trying to take out Mab at her home. Gin misses, but plans to come back and finish the job. The big plan finally begins. A costume ball is coming up and Gin’s boyfriend Owen has an invite. This is just the chance for Gin to take her shot at Mab. Gin and Owen go to the costume ball—Gin  gets ready to take a stab at Mab, when her plan is foiled by Jonah McCallister. Mab turns to see that the Spider is Gin Blanco. Mab nearly burns Gin alive before she escapes. Mab will now stop at nothing to bring down Gin Blanco, The Spider, that includes torturing her baby sister Bria. Not only that, but Mab has hired a bunch of bounty hunters to bring the spider down.

Like I said, this book was everything I wanted it to be. The final showdown. Boy does this one move quickly. Gin goes from one predicament to another. We know by this point that Gin will stop at nothing to protect the ones she loves. Bria and Fin’s relationship is coming along and I hope to see Bria and Gin get closer as well. Gin also sees her ice and stone magic come fully into power. I don't want to be a nitpicker, but in these books JoJo is always going on about how strong Gin is, but she users her powers in the most simple and ridiculous ways. Like she makes her skin hard as stone. That's cool, but if in fact Gin is as powerful as everyone says, wouldn't she be able to use her magic is sadistic ways when she was fighting people? I just think the logic in Etep's world of elemental magic is flawed. The main elements are (In these books),Air, Fire, Ice, and Stone. Cool. But wouldn't the logical elements be Earth, Air, Water and Fire? Earth would have the stone derivative and so on and so forth.  Okay..so ice IS and ALWAYS will be a derivative of water. You can't have ice without water. So technically wouldn't an ice elemental have water powers as well? If that were the case, Gin could freeze every drop of H2o  in a persons body, freezing them from the inside out. Instead she just makes ice flame and ice lock picks  For someone who is supposed to be super powerful, her magic sucks. This didn't bother be until this book. I just realized how flawed the whole elemental makeup is realistically speaking.

A very cool thing about this book is that I think Gin dies. She gets a chance to talk to her mentor Fletcher Lane. We as readers get some answers for the motivations of the old man. This book was enjoyable and Estep really knows her characters so well.






Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus