Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep Review
Saturday, December 15, 2012 / permalink
So I saw that Ambers over at Awesomesauce were reading this and said it was awesome. So, as I usually agree with their tastes in books, I decided to red it!

They call me the Spider. I'm the most feared assassin in the South — when I'm not busy at the Pork Pit cooking up the best barbecue in Ashland. As a Stone elemental, I can hear everything from the whispers of the gravel beneath my feet to the vibrations of the soaring Appalachian Mountains above me. My Ice magic also comes in handy for making the occasional knife. But I don't use my powers on the job unless I absolutely have to. Call it professional pride.Now that a ruthless Air elemental has double-crossed me and killed my handler, I'm out for revenge. And I'll exterminate anyone who gets in my way — good or bad. I may look hot, but I'm still one of the bad guys. Which is why I'm in trouble, since irresistibly rugged Detective Donovan Caine has agreed to help me. The last thing this coldhearted killer needs when I'm battling a magic more powerful than my own is a sexy distraction...especially when Donovan wants me dead just as much as the enemy.


This book is about Gin Blanco, assassin and all around bad ass. Seriously she is epic. In the first 20 minutes I was reading this book she killed someone with a screw. A SCREW. So when her "handler" as she calls him, Fletcher, gets killed, there is hell to pay. Not only that she has been double crossed by someone who wants her dead. This book is awesome. Gin is sexy, feisty, and has a heart of stone (kinda literally lol) She is a stone elemental, but she doesn't use her powers much. She is now on a mission to find Fletcher's killer with Fletcher's son Finn, and Detective Donovan Caine, a regulation Latino hottie. It just so happens that Caine doesn't want to work with Gin because she killed his partner. If you have a problem violence, don't read this book. If not, DON'T PASS IT UP. It is an outstanding novel.



The only thing I thought that was odd about this book was her fantasizing about Donovan Caine. It was like GIN FOCUS WOMAN!! She is obviously sex deprived, because sometimes she can't focus lol.














Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus