Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Book Review: Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep
Sunday, June 2, 2013 / permalink






Deadly Sting (Elemental Assassin, #8)Deadly Sting by Jennifer Estep
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am giving this 3 stars because Jennifer Estep is an exceptional writer. The writing as always in fantastic, BUT most of this book takes place in one night. I don't like that. I like my books to span a little bit of time. These types of books make me feel that the character never truly gets anywhere. I call these, filler books. The whole book was pretty much the final act of a book. Exciting and fun, but overall left me feeling blah. I didn't really connect with Gin in this one. It all felt so rushed and there wasn't really a story for me. Just Gin saving the day in some bloody way; as per usual. I am tired of narrative at this point. Gin finds trouble, she kills everyone, she reflects, she obsessively counts, luck is a capricious bitch, and so on.... and so forth. At this point I think Gin should move to Fiji and take up woodworking. That would be more interesting.

So this is my overall feeling:









Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus