Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Reflection Post
Saturday, March 23, 2013 / permalink
So I am most of the way through this term in school. I have never been so excited to finally be doing something useful with my life. For the first time I get really excited about my future prospects. When I was doing veterinary technology, I knew in the back of my mind that I would have to deal with sick, dying, about to die, severely injured, and un-cared for pets. I kept telling myself it would be worth it in the end because I would be able to help the animals. I don't know how I fooled myself so thoroughly. I had actually convinced myself that it would be okay. My cat dying really shocked my senses. The way I acted in the vet's office when I had him put to sleep was a very clear 'hello' to my senses. I cried and cried... and was a mess. I couldn't deal with that every day. As much as I love animals would hinder me. I wouldn't be able to deal with loss after loss. So now I feel like I am finally getting somewhere. I can see myself teaching. I get excited about teaching. I know I can make a difference in that grim area between grades 4-9. That was my worst time in school, and I want to be there to help other kids. School has also taken a lot of time and energy. When I came home from Denmark in July of 2012, I was a changed person. I really was. I was lost and felt very inside of myself. I ended up pushing away a very good friend of mine and I feel bad for it. I can't change who I am though. It's taken a very long time inside of myself to figure out where I was going in life. I am starting to come back around and I kinda see the destruction in my wake. I have tons of student loan debt, which I regret to the tune of about $20,000 lol. It sucks, but I see my life turning around. Finally.

Sooooo.

Happy 5 year Anniversary to me and my husband


We married with haste on a cold March day. 5 years later we are still together. I don't even know how we stand eachother :p j/k, but seriously lol.  We have been together since 2005 and have been friends since 1999. Oh boy lol.




Labels:

comments powered by Disqus