Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Movie Review: The Posession
Monday, January 21, 2013 / permalink




A young girl buys an antique box at a yard sale, unaware that inside the collectible lives a malicious ancient spirit. The girl's father teams with his ex-wife to find a way to end the curse upon their child.

Director: 

Ole Bornedal

Writers: 

Juliet SnowdenStiles Whiteand 1 more credit »

Stars:

 Natasha CalisJeffrey Dean Morgan and Kyra Sedgwick | See full cast and crew



This movie may rely on simple horror techniques, but it tells a good story anyways. This movie tells of a divorced father and his two girls. When the family stops at a yard sale, one of the daughters are drawn to a small box. The youngest daughter Em opens the box and begins to act all weird. She actually stabs her fathers hand with a fork. I think the father didn't really act like someone who got stabbed by their young child. I mean I would be like.... OH BOY YOU ARE GETTING COUNSELING! But no, he is just like.. okay you just aren't acting like yourself. If that was me I would be horrified! Anywho, Em becomes fully posessed by said box and acts like every creepy little girl in a movie. I liked a lot of the creepy elements about this, and I liked that there is a box that actually exists that is supposedly haunted. The film says it's based on a true story, but obviously that can be taken with the teeniest tiniest grain of salt. I liked it. It wasn't the most original and wasn't really scary, but I enjoyed all the different myths in it. Here is a link to the wikipedia page talking about a similar box called a Dybbuk Box.








Labels: , ,

comments powered by Disqus