Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Book Review: By A Thread by Jennifer Estep
Sunday, January 20, 2013 / permalink



When killing people is your job, there’s no such thing as a vacation. Then again, how often does an assassin live long enough to enjoy her retirement? In this line of work, you either get lucky or you get dead. And since I destroyed my nemesis Mab Monroe a few weeks ago, all of Ashland’s lowlifes are gunning to make a name for themselves by taking out the lethal Spider—me, Gin Blanco. So I’m leaving behind my beloved barbecue joint and heading south with my baby sister, Bria, to cool my heels in a swanky beach town. Call it a weekend of fun in the sun. But when a powerful vampire with deadly elemental magic threatens an old friend of Bria’s, it looks like I’ll have to dig my silverstone knives out of my suitcase after all. Complicating matters further is the reappearance of Detective Donovan Caine, my old lover. But Donovan is the least of my problems. Because this time, the danger is hot on my trail, and not even my elemental Ice and Stone magic may be enough to save me from getting buried in the sand—permanently.




Again Estep has weaved a tale arterial spray. Gin is being accosted by every wannabe badass in Ashland who wants to prove they can take down the supposed Spider. She desperately needs a vacation.  She goes on vacation and gets some surprises. Detective Donavan Caine  is back with all of his judgmental self.. She and Bria are visiting Bria’s hometown and of course ‘The Spider’ can never be on vacation. A vampire is threatening Bria’s friend Callie and Gin will not stand for it. Turns out Callie has a little news of her own, I won’t spoil it, but it’s a WTF moment. I was kind of annoyed with Bria in this book. She acts so high and mighty sometimes about what Gin does, but I really think Gin just needs to communicate her feelings more. She really is beginning to learn to let people in no matter how much she feels she can’t. Gin also might be thinking a little too highly of herself in this one. She is starting to believe her own reputation and even she is getting ‘sloppy, sloppy, sloppy’ You can expect blood, intestines, gaping neck wounds, and other bodily injuries inflicted to Gin’s enemies.






Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus