Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Book Review: Firelight By Kristen Callahan
Friday, April 26, 2013 / permalink





Miranda Ellis is a woman tormented. Plagued since birth by a strange and powerful gift, she has spent her entire life struggling to control her exceptional abilities. Yet one innocent but irreversible mistake has left her family's fortune decimated and forced her to wed London's most nefarious nobleman.








I have been super behind on writing reviews for anything. I start to write and then end up closing the notepad because I am annoyed lol.

Recomended I really enjoyed this book a lot. It took me a couple of days to get into it, but once I did I was hooked. I haven't read/listened to a book in awhile that was not from a first person perspective, so it was a bit odd for me. This story is about Miranda, a girl with a fiery gift, but honestly that isn’t the focus of this book. Miranda is promised to Lord Archer, a mysterious masked man. She marries him knowing she can’t see his face fully. The story is a love story tinged with a bit of mystery murder. I loved the setting of the book; it takes place in early London. Once Miranda marries Lord Archer, she peels him back layer by layer and falls unexpectedly in love. The characters are very well written and like I said, I love the setting. I can’t say historically accurate the book is, but I enjoyed the subtle old-timey nuances. You will love the sexual tension in this book. It is amazing. Callihan is seriously a master of this. I was like OH MY GOD COME ON sometimes. I really wanted to read the next in the series, but once I learned it wasn’t about the same characters as this book, I wasn’t interested. I honestly hate that. I don’t know if I will read the next book, but I certainly enjoyed this one.





Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus