Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Book Review: BloodFever by Karen Marie Moning
Friday, March 8, 2013 / permalink





I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets. . . .






I love suspending disbelief as much as anyone but as a person who knows a lot about travelling abroad was raising my eyebrows. I will get that out of the way so I can focus on the book. You can stay abroad for 3 months without a visa, and I am pretty sure Mac is past 3 months at this point. Plus she is working at BBB, which is illegal unless you have a work visa. So now that I got that out of the way Mack is learning more about who she is and is hunting OOPS with Barrons.  She is living in his shop and working there while searching for the ancient fae book the Sinsar Dubh. I am not sure how I feel about Mac at this point. I like her, but I feel like her character is just starting to shift into someone worth reading about.  She doesn't trust her employer Barrons and seeing how he is so sneaky, I wouldn't either.  I like that we learn a little at a time, but when 3 books span 3 months you begin to lose sight of the timeline. When you lose sight of the timeline you get frustrated by lack of story escalation. Once you put the timeline in context, then it’s not so bad, but it was easy for me to lose the timeline in these books.  Mac also has a nasty habit of letting people tell her what to do and that is so frustrating! I am just like stand up for yourself woman! I can’t wait to see where this series is going, but the framework is in place. Since as of writing this review I am halfway through book 3, I can say that the series is definitely coming along and Mac is really taking shape! Also I don't know if Karen Marie is setting us up for some sort of love triangle, but I don't like it!





Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus