Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Gin has a serious obsessive compulsive counting problem.
Wednesday, January 2, 2013 / permalink

Gin has a serious obsessive compulsive counting problem.



It’s hard to be a badass assassin when a giant is beating the crap out of you. Luckily, I never let pride get in the way of my work. My current mission is personal: annihilate Mab Monroe, the Fire elemental who murdered my family. Which means protecting my identity, even if I have to conceal my powerful Stone and Ice magic when I need it most.
To the public, I’m Gin Blanco, owner of Ashland’s best barbecue joint. To my friends, I’m the Spider, retired assassin. I still do favors on the side. Like ridding a vampire friend of her oversized stalker—Mab’s right-hand goon who almost got me dead with his massive fists.
At least irresistible Owen Grayson is on my side. The man knows too much about me, but I’ll take my chances. Then there’s Detective Bria Coolidge, one of Ashland’s finest. Until recently, I thought my baby sister was dead. She probably thinks the same about me. Little does she know, I’m a cold-blooded killer . . . who is about to save her life





I just finished reading Venom by Jennifer Estep. Just as amazing as the other books. Gin is helping vampire friend Rosalind get away from a psychotic giant named Elliot. She has a new love interest named Owen. He sounds pretty hot.  As I predicted Gin is really starting to come into her own. I love how the author reflects back on Gin’s past every book. You never expect it, but it’s always artfully done. Mab Monroe is going to go down. Gin has promised herself this much. She wants to start chipping away at her organization one person at a time. With Gin’s skills, she will do just that. Gin is getting involved with this Owen guy now that the detective is gone. He seems hot, and likes weaponry like Gin. I love the writing and the story is never dull. If you haven’t added these books to your TBR, do it now. They are amazing. I wanted to give this book 5 stars, but I couldn’t because Gin seems to have a counting problem. I don’t know if Jennifer Estep did this intentionally, but it’s really annoying to read. I think I counted like 7 times Gin would start counting. I also don’t like the fact that Gin hasn’t told a certain someone her big secret. I won’t spoil it, but if you have read it, you know what I am referring to.  Those were the only things I can fault about this book. Other than that, it was a spectacular read.





Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus