Welcome to V A U L T G I R L, you will mostly find reviews, thoughts on life, and other junk. This isn't the most interesting blog, but I hope you stick around!
- Autum.

# Shadow Heir by Richelle Mead Review
Thursday, December 20, 2012 / permalink




Shaman-for-hire Eugenie Markham strives to keep the mortal realm safe from trespassing entities. But as the Thorn Land's prophecy-haunted queen, there's no refuge for her and her soon-to-be-born-children when a mysterious blight begins to devastate the Otherworld...
The spell-driven source of the blight isn't the only challenge to Eugenie's instincts. Fairy king Dorian is sacrificing everything to help, but Eugenie can't trust the synergy drawing them back together. The uneasy truce between her and her shape shifter ex-lover Kiyo is endangered by secrets he can't--or won't--reveal. And as a formidable force rises to also threaten the human world, Eugenie must use her own cursed fate as a weapon--and risk the ultimate sacrifice.






I am gonna start on the last and go back to the first, just to get the heartache out of the way now. Richelle Mead broke my heart into a million pieces and I don’t think it can soon be recovered. I read this book awhile ago and I still have huge in depth conversations about this book with people. I LOVE the Dark Swan series, I mean freaking love. So this one left me so disappointed that I am not entirely sure I want to read another series by Richelle Mead. Everytime I get my hopes up for a decent ending, I just get cut down at the knees. If you haven’t read this book, please don’t read behind the spoiler tag!

 So Eugenie is all pregnant with twins. She goes into hiding so she can have them in some backwoods place where no one knows her. She then leaves her children to go fight a war in the Other World. Yeah, because every NEW mother would do that. She pretends to care about her children, but she just leaves them, because she just has to go to the other world. Oaky whatever, I get it. She wants them safe. Meanwhile back at the ranch, Kiyo is being a jackass as usual, but he is being sensitive so idiot Eugenie believes maybe he isn’t so bad. Umm no. He abandoned you and your children and wanted to kill them. Cool story bro. So if this is the last book of the series like it supposedly is supposed to be (because Richelle Mead has OTHER things to do like… I dunno.. make money?) Who cares that you broke our hearts. Who cares that you betrayed your own characters. Read the books folks. They are fanastic, but I warn you, don’t expect an ending. Because when I put this book down, I literally looked up and out loud said: What the F#$% Richelle Mead… What the F$%#?

  SPOILER ALERT.. You can see the Spoiler, Just click here! You HAVE been warned








Labels: , , ,

comments powered by Disqus